From: Matt Coates <bencoates@yahoo.com>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: custom wheel offset question
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 05:13:11 -0700 (PDT)

I am almost ready to order my new wheels and tires, I'm looking at borbet
type
T's with Kuhmo ecsta 712 in 205-50-15.  I really like the look on this car
http://www.roccofreak.de/scgaeste/mi4.jpg and thought I would get a smaller
than stock offset to get a wider wheel lip.

The wheel calculator on scirocco.org says the A1 can handle 4.5in of
backspacing, which equals about a 26mm (ET) offset.  Is anyone running a
similiar setup to this with 15x7 wheels and 205-50 tires on a 16v?  I would
love to have this setup but I don't want any rubbing...  also, I'm planning
on
H&R sport springs from potterman in the future.

Thoughts? am I asking for trouble?

TIA!
Matt
'87 16v roc

---------------------------------
1988 16V Scirocco - Black
1983  8V Scirocco - Montego Black Metallic - mine tomorrow
Cars gone to new homes:
1987 16V Scirocco - Flash Silver
1986  8V Scirocco - Mars Red
To contact me directly: scirocco16v@imaginehow.com
Or visit: http://www.imaginehow.com/scirocco/scirocco16v.htm
"SURGEON GENERALS WARNING: Sciroccos can be extremely addictive,
and can cause extreme rubber-necking, finger-pointing and gasping
in fellow motorists."