Re'85 reluctantly for sale]-first car

--- Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net> wrote:

> But, did you guys notice the 16 year old with his dad and
> his silver 8V
> Scirocco? He was so proud of it. Some of those moments
> just take you back to
> when you first learned to drive. What a great "first
> car", he'll likely never
> drive anything that's as much fun for his whole life.

That was so cool.  In fact, his silver 8v was basically
identical to mine, right down to the wheels & blue seats.
(Though mine had a little better body.)  I'm anxious to
have it back now, even though I'll miss the '85 terribly.
(Hmmm, wonder how I can financially swing 'em both....)

Yes, I was spoiled by the 'rocco.  I learned to drive on a
Buick LeSabre, drove stick in a Celica GT, but didn't buy a
car 'til I was 18 when I finally got to drive a 'roc.  That
sold me.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace