Swapping pulleies w/o air tools was: non a/c alternator pulley

 tberk@mindspring.com writes:

<<
 I believe one can remove Alt shaft bolts without an impact wrench, is
 there any CheapAss ways to prevent mangling the cooling fan's fins?

 TBerk
 My 81 wants his own 90A Alt.  >>

    Big channel lock pliers on the standoff (I'm guessing that's what the
section between the fan and pulley is called), and a socket and breaker bar
on the nut. Liquid wrench liberally applied to the nut first is also a good
thing.

Carl
77rocco
89fox