home again, +1 scirocco (LONG)

> --- ternil@idol.union.edu wrote:
>
> > The only problems I noted with the car were:
> > a) it WONT rev past about 4500 RPMs.
>
> Ummm...   did you get some bad gas or something?  I
> personally revved it to 6k several times before you picked
> it up.

I've established this problem a bit closer as I've had it for a bit longer. I
feel a lot better that almost everyone has told me its not the clutch :). the
problem that I encountered (in gears that I can get to redline around me,
namely first and second) that this bucking/hesitation occurs at WOT. if I back
off on the gas just a little bit, like a quarter inch at most it'll act just
fine. Haven't replaced the accelerator cable just yet, but that could
definately be part of it I'm thinkin.

> > b)the window seals or cranks or both are just shot. Its a
> > bitch to get the
> > windows up. they pop out of the tracks, you need both
> > hands and some luck to
> > get them all the way up.
>
> Check to see if the little 1" rectangular guide is still on
> the rear edge of the window frame.  If not, that's likely
> the problem.

   is this visable? or do I need to pull off the door panel, cause looking
around I definately don't see any one inch rectangular guide floating around,
althought that could explain the door rattle, j/k.

> > d)leaks a bit of oil. dunno. I checked it a few times on
> > the way out and there
> > was no problem. I was working on it today and I noticed a
> > puddle underneath it.
> > suggestions? (besides keep an eye on it)
>
> Keep an eye on it, see if you can pinpoint where it's
> coming from.

must...actually...clean...15 years of junk from under car...lets wait till the
weekend for the verdict on this one. That stuff is caked on there something
fierce...

> Thanks to Daun for letting us crash at his
> > place and putting up
> > with us!
>
> No problem.  Did one of you guys forget a yellow & white
> shirt?

that might be brad's but he didn't mention anything to me about it. I'll ask...

> =====
> Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
> '80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
> '82 Pickup
> '90 Passat Wagon
> "Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of
the powers that
be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace