Oxygen Sensor -AGAIN and B3 Passat Parts???

DAN wrote:

> First, on my 87 16v roc the o2 sensor came on a couple
> weeks ago after what I believe has probably been the
> usual 30k miles.  This morning it came on again and
> I'm sure I haven't driven 500 miles.  Any ideas?  The
> sensor is only a couple years old.. ie maybe 20k
> miles.  I thought that light was ONLY turned on by the
> mileage counter.  I've also had good gas mileage
> lately...

<snipped request for parts>
> =====
> Dan May - Greensboro NC

Dan, early cars like ours have an O2 light triggered by the mileage.
Perhaps it popped out do to not catching all the way. Pop it again, see
what happens.

The only way to discover if the sensor itself is faulty is through
observation of performance and/or mileage OR testing it's output
directly.

hth,
TBerk