father's day work...?

I consoled a sick 4 year old (and tried to keep the 20 month old from
pestering the hell out of the poor guy,) cursed the rain that was keeping
me from doing anything decent outside, and spent about 45 minutes pulling
a set of sekurit A1 vent windows for Daun's Dad's pickup truck and a rear
tail-lamp holder for my neighbour's Jetta.

The Scirocco owes me about 100 hours of trouble free driving before she's
due for any more wrench turning (other than maybe an oil change,) based on
the amount of hours I spent on her leading up to Cincy.  I may indulge
myself by installing the new 3 guage panel and turbo (0-15 psi) guage I
recently acquired to replaced the moon-faced sized 0-30 psi one I
currently have strapped in under the radio.  This will give me 6 guage
holes - in addition to volt/oil-press/oil-temp I will be adding boost
(0-15psi) and EGT.  The remaining slot will either be charge air-temp or
water temp - haven't decided yet... Of course I have to find time to
install an intercooler before it's time to put her away for the winter.

The 87 Jetta GLI wannabe winter beater is due for some work next - gas
filter, (and replace rotted fuel line) along with rear strut replacement,
and a whole whack of bodywork which includes fender/hood grafts and some
rust repair, and a cheap-ass respray in black so it's all the same
colour.

Summer is just too damned short.

Drew

Drew MacPherson - '84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco TurboDiesel