Update needed BADLY to rocco.org

>Ok, so I was bored....poking around rocco.org, under the list section is a
>"Members and Their Cars" link....lemme quote the last line:
>
>"Page last updated: December 10, 1999
>Originally Created by : Ben Beacock"
>
>Um, yeah, and that pic of me sucks ass, email addy is dead, so is the web
>page....everybudies cars are wrong, people long gone from the list there,
>etc...
>
>SO!  Someone should take on remaking the page!  Mostlikely I have just
>volunteered myself for the job, but, maybe someone better with HTML would
>be suited?  No biggie, I can copy the page exactly...
>
>Let me know what you guys think...this could be a great central repository
>for whos who, emails, ICQ numbers, etc, pics of yourself, not the car
>would be better I think...makes the gatherings a bit easier I would say.
>
>--
>Eric
>Northglenn, CO

I have had no less then three different volunteers for managing that page
over the years.  If someone is so inclined, make a new page.  Here is what is
should do:

-Accept input from list members, including pictures.  This should be
'form-ized' for
consistency.  The back end processing I'd like done in perl,
client-side form verification
should be limited to javascript.  Do not hook into a database, unless
it is using perl
DBI->DBM or DBI->Postgres.
-Build the 'new' section and put it somewhere.
-Email the maintainer of the page so that the new addition can be 'approved'.
-That person goes to a page to review the addition, they either
approves or denies it.
-If approved, it goes into the page at the bottom, or becomes part
the 'database' that
drives the creation of that page.

When you think you've got something that's going to work, email me
and we'll work
to get it on the site.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

I've got some other ideas on how this thing should work, if you're
actually serious about
working on this, let me know.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net