16v

the 8v and 16v engine are quite different, you need to remove the 8v and
install a 16v (including the wires for the FI)
but why convert to a 16v when you can just drop the 1.8L bottom, swap it for
a 3A block and have a 2L engine that will produce as much or more HP than a
16v 1.8L stock does. and you have no  worries about the 16v timing belt
breaking and destroying your head. :)

ATS - Patrick Bureau
1985 8v **Planning 3A/JH  Upgrade**
1988 16v ** Euro Project/maybe 8v **