opinion needed about a turbo car

A girlfirend of mine is looking at a corrado her ex-husband found. It use to
be a g60 but it was converted to turbo. Idp, Idt, ITI or somnthing like
that, kit. She was told the kit cost about $2000. and gives the car aprox
220 hp (much fast than her 85 vr6 GTI which already has a ton of up grades,
she is selling to get out of her car payment). Does this ring of truth,
never haveing played with turbos I just don't know. He wants $5500.00 for
the car and I'm trying to help her figure out if it worth the money. I don't
know th milage or the year yet, but it is fully loaded - power everything,
leather n such.
Thank in advance.

Elijah
86 Scirocco 16v