The whole 1.8T puny injector debacle

First, let me say that I have absolutely zero experience with FI of any
sort, let alone this high performance stuff.

>From reading the various posts though, I don't think it's so much a case of
people disbelieving the Bhp that Josh's car is putting down, rather concern
that to reach these figures his tuner has pushed the components beyond their
safe limits.

People aren't saying Josh is lying about this, he's just passing on what
he's been told by his tuners. People are raising warning flags and trying to
urge him to get some full specs for his set up from the tuners so they can
see what's what. They are trying to save him the heartache of seeing his
shiny new engine grenade itself six months down the line when the stressed
components start failing.

And Josh's claims that other tuners in the area are verifying the set up
doesn't really help. Sure they might use the same setup, but who's to say
that they aren't pushing the envelope too??

Just the way I see things from the previous posts on the issue.

John
'90 GTII

-----Original Message-----
From: Leach, Michael [mailto:michael.leach@lmco.com]
Sent: 14 June 2002 15:30
To: 'scirocco-l@scirocco.org'
Subject: The whole 1.8T puny injector debacle

I think there is only one solution to this disaster.............

Josh is there a fully enclosed dyno (with no possibility for the cheated
correction factors that everyone assumes were fudged in your case) in the
Albany area that you could go take a run or two on.      If the list could
get another Dyno chart the issue would be solved.

Otherwise it will go on and on with no possibility of conclusion....

Michael Leach
LAMPS Integration and Test
Lockheed Martin Federal Systems
Owego, NY 13827