MK1 Guru HELP need - Urgent :)

--- Neal Tovsen <nealtovsen@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The only things that WON'T fit are the body parts and
> body-specific interior parts. The suspension,
> drivetrain, and basic *chassis* design are all the
> same.  Think of it this way, if it's cosmetic, it
> probably doesn't fit. If it's a key part of the car,
> it probably does. Thus:
>
> > Front Seats
>
> Yup. Seats were different, but had the same mounting
> system.

Side note:  You can put Mk II seats in an Mk I, but not the
other way 'round.

> > Upper and Lower 8V Stress Bar
>
> Yup

Ummm, I don't think the upper bar fits - it won't clear the
hood.  There is a specific 8v Mk 1 bar though.

> > where
> > else do they tend to have rust problems that would
> > make the car very hard
> > to repair?
>
> Look along the door sills and the floor pans from the
> firewall to the foreward seat mount. If you can, look
> under the carpet.

Use a screwdriver - rust can be hidden under the
undercoating.

And of course, the WORST places are around the rear axle
mount and the front strut towers, especially on the back
side of them.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace