Motor oil recommendations

 I've usually ran 20w50 in the summer and 10w40 in the winter but these have
been high mileage motors... my Slegato has 140,000 kilometers on it with an
even 178PSI on all four cylinders last time I did a compression test....
think maybe I hsould stick some synthetic in there?

I do a lot of highway driving and the oil temp tends to be a few degrees
higher on the highway.  So.... think I can use Syntec 5w50?

Marie
Helios Blue '88 Scirocco Slegato

isnt the stock recommendation 20w50? thats what it says in the bentley,
depending on the temperature in your area, and in summer for sure unless you
live in way north canada ( like me ) heheh i dont think 10w30 is
recommended.