2.0L 16V Turbo

This one has been on eBay before.

Anybody catch the white Rabbit with the G60-block
turbo motor? It had a rare (not BBS but similar) front
spoiler on it and Corrado G60 wheels. It was in
Canada, IIRC. Remember that one?

Well, to prove the small world we live in, someone
around here (Tampa, FL) bought that car and I got a
good look at it on the lift at the shop where I get my
alignments done. I recognized it right away as I've
never seen a spoiler like that before.

"Yeah, I think that's where the guy said he got it.
Damn shame," says the shop owner. Turns out this car
needs MEGA TLC. The new owner dropped it off and told
my mechanic to do as much as he could within his
budget, which didn't look to be enough.

The car looks cool in pictures and from 20 ft. but was
obviously somewhat of a hack job when seen up close.
The chassis has some major issues, including cheap
springs and brake lines that will get caught on the
first manhole cover! Supposedly ran rather bad too,
but I never heard it. The car isn't a total loss, but
probably not anywhere near worth what the guy paid.

Anyway, make sure you LOOK before you BUY! Beware.

Neal

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1836351960>

> This would sure finish out somebody's Mk1 project
> chassis...
>
> Cheers,
>

> Christian Els
> 1987 Scirocco 16V, For Sale