Josh Able: puny fuel injectors

I really have no right jumping in here as all of your arguments are over my
level of knowledge.

But the one thing that I'd like to point out is that the software used to
collect those dyno readings, DataMite
(http://www.performancetrends.com/DTM-DYNO.htm) isn't part of a complete
Dynamometer package.  It's a standalone product that can be used with any
dyno -- and that means that the accuracy of the information gathered is
dependent on the accuracy of the calibration numbers used for it.

Josh, I don't know where the dyno run was made, but if it was made by
Eurospeed Ltd., and you're really curious to see what exactly the power
output is, I'd recommend taking the car to an uninvolved, 3rd party Dyno
Shop using a DynoJet or Mustang Dyno.  Those are both complete dyno systems
that don't allow the operator to enter the variables; they're
self-calibrating and the programs run specifically on that hardware.  Not
that I know the slightest thing about Eurospeed Ltd., but it would be very,
very easy for them to inflate the numbers just by changing the calibration
measurements.  In the business of pulling out magical lost Horses, that's a
very tempting proposition.

Of course, Josh this really comes down to you -- if you're happy with the
car's output, don't worry about it!  Just enjoy the power you have and
smile!  It doesn't matter if it's 300hp to the wheels or 200hp to the
wheels, as long as you're happy with it.

Now I wasn't in your car this weekend, so I can't personally comment on
what my estimate of your engine's output is.  But if indeed it's anywhere
over 200hp to the wheels, you're walking on a tightrope in terms of your
chassis.  The A1 was designed for a theoretical maximum of 130hp at the
motor.  It simply can't reliably handle any more.  And we all know this --
even with stock 123hp 16V motors, guys are ripping front crossmembers apart
like they're made of paper.  And we all know of one particular mad bastard
that has destroyed 3 chassis with one normally-aspirated but psychotically
strong 2.0 16V.  So my sincerest advice to you would be to dyno the car
somewhere else (to put a quick end to this conversation) and forget about
getting more power for the moment and concentrate all of your efforts on
reinforcing that chassis.  The front of these cars will never be able to
handle >300hp at the motor -- what will happen is that the whole front of
the car will torque upwards against the force of the motor... and it
probably won't take all that long.  So be careful! :)

Jason