I think I've lost my mind... carbs?

--- "Lyman M. Terni" <ternil@union.edu> wrote:
> So, I was looking at some pictures of carbed.
> sciroccos last night
> and I had this incredibly evil thought. Now, I
> haven't even picked up
> my car yet, but I was wondering about the fesability
> of a carbed
> setup? I grew up in a musclecar line, so they come a
> little more
> naturally. So here's my wildly outlandish thought...
>
> The carbs on the roccs that I saw all pointed
> towards the grille. Now
> my, insane, probably incredibly expensive idea is
> this: is there
> anything preventing me from putting mandrel-bent
> plumbing up to the
> top of the engine and putting the carbs there, then
> making some form
> of hood scoop and rigging up a form of ram air on
> the hood. Of course
> I don't think the carbs could go side by side on
> top, so I might need
> to go with a lower CFM four barrel just to fit the
> piping. Any ideas?
> Suggestions (including that I go soak my head)?
> anyone have any clue
> how much this might cost? Its just an idea floating
> around in my
> warped mind right now, so any input will be welcome.
> And if its such
> a bad idea that someone feels the need to drive up
> here and drop kick
> me, please feel free. I might deserve it.

Personally, having owned Sciroccos with factory carbs,
which where then coverted to Weber, I think you'd be
nuts to want a carbed Scirocco. I don't miss them
carbs.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1983 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco "Knife", 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco "Miss Spoon", 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://thescirocco.com