I think I've lost my mind... carbs?

So, I was looking at some pictures of carbed. sciroccos last night
and I had this incredibly evil thought. Now, I haven't even picked up
my car yet, but I was wondering about the fesability of a carbed
setup? I grew up in a musclecar line, so they come a little more
naturally. So here's my wildly outlandish thought...

The carbs on the roccs that I saw all pointed towards the grille. Now
my, insane, probably incredibly expensive idea is this: is there
anything preventing me from putting mandrel-bent plumbing up to the
top of the engine and putting the carbs there, then making some form
of hood scoop and rigging up a form of ram air on the hood. Of course
I don't think the carbs could go side by side on top, so I might need
to go with a lower CFM four barrel just to fit the piping. Any ideas?
Suggestions (including that I go soak my head)? anyone have any clue
how much this might cost? Its just an idea floating around in my
warped mind right now, so any input will be welcome. And if its such
a bad idea that someone feels the need to drive up here and drop kick
me, please feel free. I might deserve it.

Lyman.