[Re: Josh Able: puny fuel injectors]

No problems, other than missing the exit to Canada - no biggie though,
we just hit the next exit and circled back...

Ya, Sean lucked out with that car.  Even with the a/c cranked <grin> it
kept up with everyone pretty well.  It was garaged it's whole life
(crackless dash), and doesn't look like it was winter driven much.  It
runs real strong for a completely stock 8v (even has the toilet-bowl
exhaust - not for long though, a full 2" ss exhaust w/ Borla has been
on order for a while now)  That and a g-grind should liven up the top
end quite a bit...

Too bad I didn't get my 2.0 8v swap with rebuilt p&p'ed shaved JH
g-grind head into my 81 S done in time.  It would have been interesting
to see how it stacked up against the rest of the convoy, and would have
been a hell of alot more fun than being a rear seat passenger :(  Oh
well, there's always Waterfest!  I just discovered some pitting on the
head deck surface where I had to get a dent welded, so it's back to the
machine shop I go (probably another week before it's done - oh well,
good time to replace all the brake lines - joy...)

Vive la 8 valve!!!

Mark.