Josh Able: puny fuel injectors

Josh, how on Earth are you making your claimed 287hp at the wheels with
those puny 310cc fuel injectors? My god, what sort of fuel pressure are you
running???? Is that injector size just a typo? Or, are you hitting the crack
pipe with your hp estimates? (lots of non-malicious snickering here)

I ask because at 3.5bar (50.75psi) fuel pressure, a *really* generous .55
brake specific fuel consumption, and a .80 injector duty cycle... you'd need
555cc/min injectors to make 330hp at the crank (assuming a reasonable 15%
driveline loss).

Essplane dat, meng!
--
Scott F. Williams