Funny thing seen on the backof the Pressure Plate.

A year ago I slapped a new clutch in the Roc Mk1 and drove over a
mountain range and across a desert and back home again.

A little while later I was going to participate in a local gtg run over
the local hills (the same run that Tobias and Mark H were on along with
the Bay Area Rabbit Transit group.) I didn't make it because the Roc was
making really funny tick, tick, noises- I thought it was the head 0_0
but after the recent engine swap I found the following:

- Pulled flywheel disk and PP from 84 block, all new -1000 miles or so.

- Found PP bolts (which I _thought_ were tight and locktit-ed) loose.
All of them. My oh my.

- Pulled PP off crank (hard because sometime ago it was air tooled on
and end of crank is burred).

- Turned it over.

- Back side has melted metal spots where the crank and the PP have been
mixing themselves into an alloy.

Well. Seems the only thing keeping the PP from flying off in the
mountains was the flywheel's bolts.

TBerk