From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of rhys
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2002 2:09 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: jacking points?

ok, i know i sound like a moron, but please bear with me.

i've never actually jacked a car up to put up on axle stands and im not
really sure where the jacking points are on the roc.

i only have a haynes manual...and well its not too specific.

when looking under the car i see two spots where it looks to have been
jacked up before (scraped off undercoat, dents, scraped off paint) on
what appear to be  the frame rails. is this an ok place to  jack it up
from? (if not, too late, as it looks like its been done)

also, if i use the trolley jack on one side, prop it up on the stand,
and go around to the other side, isnt it really risky to have only one
side proped up? how should i do this?

thanks,
Rhys (rocco virgin)