Need HELP today!

I just hung the door from my parts car on the '85 and the door latch is high
by about a quarter of an inch. Is that common for such a difference from 2
cars of the same year? Is there a way to adjust for this? The latch on the
doors holes are straight thru so I'm guessing there's nothing there. And of
coarse the pin on the body is tight as a B%$#ch so I'm kinda clueless hear
and would like to get these doors hung and working right this weekend.

Much TIA,
Jon Palm