jacking points?

--=======20E65192=======

At 07:39 PM 6/8/02 -0400, Neal Tovsen wrote:

>I've found that the best thing to do is get a jack made specifically for
>unit body frames. I found a hydraulic scissor jack at Discount Auto that
>had a slotted head just for unit body jacking. It's not the best-made
>thing in the world, but it works great and fits right on the seam where
>the emergency jack goes.
>
>The best part about it is that it'll jack up the front and rear at the
>same time, and it leaves the "lift" points free to use for jackstands.
>There's one on each side behind the front wheels. It's a
>circular-doughnut-shapped thing welded to the bottom of the body. On the
>back, there are two similar points *behind* the rear wheels.
>
>Neal

Another thing to do is to buy a unit body tip for the jack.  I've seen them
in some mailorder catalogs(such as Griots Garage, etc).  It will fit in place
of the one on most common floor jacks.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.