From: Brian Honnold <BHonnold@pac-cap.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 5:07 PM
Subject: RE: I strayed from the Path...but I couldn't help it - I swear!

My information regarding the use of the solid pump vs hydro and the wear on
lifters and seals comes from Alex Ting and his research.

I'm sure a quick call to TT will confirm this and maybe even the exact
reasons why.  My own interpretation.....AKA answer yanked out of my
ass......is that too much oil will cause a floating effect on the lifters
causing them to slap the cam or possibly the walls around the lifter bucket.
As for the seals.....maybe the higher pressure causes the seals to work
overtime.

BcH