Could a bad battery be causing hard starting?

Thanks,
I did that last time to start the car when it died on
my on the middle of the street and the lights that
flash when the key is on would not turn off unless
reved.  It doesn't start with any sort of crank the
lights dim out also.  When it was cranked also it
would die at idle unless I held the gas pedal until it
was warm or I adjusted the idle screw to keep the idle
high enought so it didn't stall
--- T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Andrew Wong wrote:
> >
> > BTW I just got back from measuring the Voltage on
> the
> > Battery and I am getting around 12v with the car
> off.
> > IT still didn't start also.
>

> OK, 12v is good when off- that's what we expect.
>
> Get it started and see what the Alt is putting out
> THEN.
>
> It might help to jump the car while your trying to
> get it started,
> remember FI cars don't need pumping of the pedal,
> hard to start? Mash
> the pedal all the way down and release just as it
> catches to avoid over
> revving.
>
> TBerk

=====