who's done the ignition conversion to cis-e?

On 6/6/02 8:12 AM, "Erik Seo" <seowitz@seowitz.com> wrote:

> I would love to have that wiring schematic!

Try this place:

<http://www.volkswagen.org/EngineSwap/Default.htm>

Scroll down for the ignition wiring. I'd suggest going to the knock sensor
system while you're doing it anyway. It'll cost you a bit more for the
parts, but 86 GTI's and GLI's are getting very common in the yards these
days. That way, when you go to high compression you will feel a little
better.

I've done it, it's easy, sort out the wiring harness first, and then plug
and play. Just remember, with the knock sensing system, set the timing to no
more than 8deg BTDC. The Control Unit will do the rest.

HTH,
Jonas