spelling bee/fuel injector question

"...probably some local fisherman... out for a pleasure cruise...at
night...through eel infested waters..."
With the posible exception of a couple of the Monty Python movies, the most
quotable of all.
I love that show.

> the preceding was a gratuitous OT bit of "fluff".  We now return you to
your regularly schedualed Scirocco content >

If say someone on a routine inspection, were to notice that one of his fuel
injectors was missing the small lower "O" ring. what adverse affects might
that cause.  I just dont know what that would seal against since the larger
one about an inch further up clearly does the job that a layman would expect
of an "O" ring.  Also, should this someone be nervouse about where that
little "o" ring is now and should he be looking for bits of burnt rubber
dust on the inside of his tail pipe...  -- a bit nervous

Ken
1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
16v conversion - Engine in, now the hard part
Electrical  : (
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"