Twisted Rods, was Re: 2.0 16V pricing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian Els" <tiAn@usiw.net>

> In cases of hydraulic lock I have seen rods get bent along their
length, but
> there is no way to twist one that I can imagine.

<snip>

This probably wasn't what you were thinking about, but if, say, a single
valve were to break in half while the engine is idling, and if, say the
valve were to fall into bore and then be driven into the head at a funny
angle by the piston, then you might end up with a twisted connecting
rod, oh let's say in the neighborhood of about 15 degrees.  Aks me how I
know.  Better yet, don't!  (If I had a ditigal camera, I'd just show
you)
Erik L