Odd week...

  I ran out to one of the local VW dealers to se about a set of trans output
flange seals for a 5-spd from an '84 cabby (to be installed in the rocco).
Came home, pulled one of the seals out of the tranny and noticed the
difference in size between the seal I just pulled and the kits I bought;
mine- small and fat; kits- large diameter and skinny. Back to the dealer.
  Show the parts guy the seals, but kit no. says it's for the '84 cabby. They
bring one of the mechanics in and he asks what trans I got the seal off, an
FN on a '84 cabby. Two things he says; first that the FN was an automatic,
not a stick (huh?!), and the seal is from an earlier trans, not from an '84.
Ok, I can buy it being an earlier FN, in fact I hope it is, but for this guy
to tell me that FN's were only auto's?? The full code is FN 18082.
I ordered the seals from Potterman when I got home.

  Other PITA from this week, the alternator I installed in the rocco about
two weeks ago decided to die on me after less than 100 mi.s on it the other
day. Lovely.

   On top of all this, the ful pump on the Fox is starting to sound like a
power drill.

Carl
77rocco (electricless)
89fox (playing "scarry noises")