Brake line Q

'81 S shell,  I
> need to install new brake lines.  Not the rubber
> ends, but
> the hard lines from the MC to the wheels.  The
> fronts are
> missing, the backs were cut just below where the MC
> is
> supposed to be.
>
> How difficult is this job?  (Cringing)  Is it
> possible to
> swap lines from the donor '81 depending on
> condition?
============================
You can swap the brake lines from another '81 if you
wish - it's fairly easy if you can get the car up high
off the pavement/floor.

The driver's side brake line on the '78 rusted through
a few months back, and I replaced it with a hard brake
line from a 1990 Cabriolet. This was a pain only
becuase the lines on the '78 were originally inside
the car, whereas the '81 & up lines are on the bottom
of the car (I mounted the cabby line on the bottom).

If you plan to keep the stock 1981 brake booster and
such, another 1981 car would be ideal.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1983 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco "Knife", 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco "Miss Spoon", 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)