review: eurosport rear upper stress bar

I finally got, after reading all the reviews on the eurosport rear stress
bar (fit between the two struts in the trunk (its only a 2 point system))
and wanted to let all know what I though of it for archive sake.

1. installation

I chose the eurosport rear upper stress bar for 2 reasons, 1) my front upper
and lower stress bars (sub frame lower front) are eurosport 2) the potter's
have them for 85$ instead of 100's. well like most eurosport product they
are good quality parts, installation is like the sub race frame, it will
fit, or you need to make it fit. in my case the actual bolt hole  (the item
is actual 2 pipe that slide into each other for installation locked in place
with a bolt 1/3 on the driver side) was too shallow, I had and was hard
pressed to use a 5lbs hammer to push the rubberized coated bar into itself
for mounting. the Muffler U clamp design is also not a most practical way of
doing things, but after a little logic mind work, you get to figure out how
to use pivot point to get the darn thing locked unto the strut pole. once
the bar was actual in place I had to redrill the bar to install the bolt in
place. Install time was 25 mins. just because of the "pain in the arse way
they designed it" I would suggest probably the Tectonics one that self
adjust in the middle with a pivoting ring, most likely a little more
expensive, but most likely allot less aggravating than the eurosport to
install.

2. impressions

I always had a complaint about my car it was that the rear end always
shifted left to right allot more than the front, though making an
interesting drive and permitting a lot more "sliding turn power" this was
not something that made me very comfortable. once the bar was installed, I
when for a drive in the exact road where I do all my test drives, its a
small swerve street that has 3 houses on it, and I love to test my car on.
well although I have heard many mention that they could not or barely feel
the difference, my car with the stock height springs and Gabriel premium gas
shocks, I felt a big difference in the way the rear end tries to shift
around, and made my swerving around the country side a most enjoyable one...

Next I went to work, (I work graveyard shift) to test it on the highway,
taking 3 highway that contain many rises/falls/ swerves and tight bends, I
took off. and again I was most happy with the results, curves that limited
me to a mere 70MPH, was being taken at 75-80MPH, as the butt end stuck to
the road.

all in all, a very happy little driver I am... :)

ATS - Patrick Bureau
1985 8v **Planning 3A/JH  Upgrade**
1988 16v ** FOR SALE : 1000.00$ **
Web Site : http://longcoeur.com/scirocco