Hydro head camshaft install Q 8V

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Marc scirocco =
Qu=E9bec
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 8:39 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Hydro head camshaft install Q 8V

How to install a camshaft in an 8V Hydro head
(Scirocco related - my '88 has a stock hydro head)?

My Bentley /Haynes tell me to install camshaft bearing
caps number 2 and 4. Then 3 and 5. Then 1. (to 14
lb/ft).

Problem: the hydro head has no camshaft bearing cap
number 4.

How to do it without bending/breaking the camshaft?
What is the torque spec for the cap?

15 lbs...

My Bentley is too old, this info is not there.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

Found in the A2 Bentley hydro gasoline head:

Begin with no. 2 and no.5.
Tighten all 4 nuts gradually until the cam is fully seated.

Then install the remaining caps and torgue to 15 lbs.

The '85-93 A1 Bentley says to just gradually bolt down all the bearing
caps and then torque it to 15 lbs.

HTH!

Peter