Air/Fuel ratio adjusting?

I installed my Autometer A/F gauge this afternoon.
It's pretty nice. Phantom series, white face, black
bezel, 20 LED read out. Got it as a birthday present
from my father :)

I decided it might be fun to play with the a/f ratio a
bit and see what I come up with. Well here's what I
got:

-Normal NM settings, initially got on the mid-high
range of Stoich at WOT (wide open throttle).

-Up the mixture a little, got mid Stoich WOT readings

-Up it half turn, still around mid stoich maybe
getting a little lower, idle mixture gets into the
low-mid Stoich range.

-Up it full turn, still around mid-low-mid Stoich for
WOT, but idle is now at mid Stoich as well (idles like
poo-poo and off idle accel. is crap).

-Go all the way back to previous (New Mexico)
settings, idle at low Stoich-high Lean, WOT at
mid-low-mid range Stoich.

My WOT range gradually went from high Stoich (a couple
LEDs away from RICH) to mid-low-mid (couple LEDs
before middle) Stoich range. I'm thinking this is just
because I didn't let the O2 sensor warm up enough the
first couple runs. The only thing that seemed to be
affected by turning that 3mm allen head screw in the
airbox was the idle mixture. Is this how it's supposed
to work? I haven't ever really messed with it before.
How can i get my WOT readings up, and where should my
idle, and non-WOT readings be?

So far, the engine is having a blast in the sea-level
altitude and 70%+ humidty vs. that mile high, 20%
humidty it got in New Mexico.

Sorry for the length.

Joshua