From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Dan Bubb
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 10:46 AM
To: Jeff Toomasson
Cc: Mash; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: I strayed from the Path...but I couldn't help it - I swear!

2.0 ABA is probably perfect considering your situation. Good increase in
power and inexpensive.
Interestingly, I have an ABA with solid lifter head and the original oil
pump. Course, I have to run 5-30 to keep the oil pressure under 100 psi
when it's cold.
Also, I have run this engine without KS ignition without problems. So,
depending on how inexpensive you want to make it, it could just be a
short block with some miscellaneous items.
Dan

Jeff Toomasson wrote:
>=20
> My pockets are not deep at all right now  ;(
>=20
> I'm getting married in four weeks and I just came back from my
bachelor
> party in Vega$ last weekend...
>=20
> 1.8t is also beyond my means...
>=20
> I dream way too much!  :)
>=20
> >
> > =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> >
> > Personally, I think you'd be nuts to consider a VR6.
> > Fabricate the motor mounts - good with a torch?. Pull
> > the engine to change spark plugs. No, the 020 won't
> > work. Make it even more nose heavy. I doubt that CIS
> > can be made to work with VR6. How deep are your
> > pockets?
> >
> > I may be exagerating but if you really want HP why not
> > 1.8T?
> >

> > =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> > Mark Peele
> > 1985 Scirocco, 1983 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco "Knife", 1981 Scirocco
S, 1978