idle problem-new throttle body

I was puzzled by this same thing when I did my first Audi TB conversion.
Then it dawned on my that the Audi TB is set to idle a 5 cylinder engine at
900 rpm.  A 4 cylinder motor doesn't need as much air at idle, so it idled
high right off the bat.  And I had to actually adjust the throttle plate stop
to get it within a range where I could properly set the idle with the idle
air screw on the back of the throttle body.

Tom in Tucson
www.area-53.com
Ten VW's, two Audi's, one Porsche, one Chevy, two GMC's and a John Deere.  :)