idle problem-new throttle body

I have a 1987 8v Scirocco and just yesterday I finished porting my intake
and fitting the Audi 4000 throttle body up, pics should be up soon:
www.geocities.com/Roc8v/intake.html    I got in the car and started it up,
only to find that even with slack in the throttle cable, I still idle
between 1500 and 2000 rpm.  Another problem I encountered was the mushiness
of the pedal, which I think comes from having a different spring (not as
stiff) on the larger throttle body.  If anyone knows anything about this
conversion and what I can do to adjust my idle and to stiffen the gas pedal
please tell me.  Thanks,
Bryson