[Tech Q] Transaxle Stuck In 3rd Gear

I've found that during tranny assembly it is easy to overtravel the
3rd/4th selector sleeve towards 3rd gear enough so the detents will pop
out of their slots enough so the sleeve cannot be moved back into the
neutral position. This sound like what has happened although the only
way this could happen in an assembled tranny would be if a fork was
bent.
In any case it seems that tranny disassembly will be required.
Dan