STRANDED!! (Finale)

Well my temporary fix lasted 6 days....this time it went and we were about
30 miles from home and I said,
"f%#k it I'm not stopping and drove it all the way home speed shifting and
only stalled at my STEEP driveway. I realized that the part that broke was
actually part of the clutch assembly that projects through the firewall. Not
wanting to try and replace the whole thing, this time I found a 2" dia. flat
washer with a 3/4" hole. Got a pack of "JB Weld" gunked it all over it and
let it sit in the sun for 9 hrs. Hard as a rock...After getting the cable
reattached, the clutch released within the 1st 2" of stroke....sweet.
POINTER!!! If you've got a really tight clutch and need to reattatch the
cable to the foot pedal, put a hydraulic jack under the clutch lever on the
tranny and crank it up about 2" realeasing the spring. This gave me enuff
slack to place the clip on the pedal by hand with no tugging at all. Worked
like a charm....:)

Later,
Jon Palm
scirokn