How to hook up an oil cooler...

So I scored a nice oil cooler core from a volvo turbo
this afternoon.  Couldn't get the sandwich plate off
b/c I needed a freaking massive (like 32mm) deep
socket which I didn't have.  Just left it since the
volvo oil filter isn't the same size as a VW one
anyways.

Anyone use the Eurosport sandwich plate?

Anyways, how do I disconnect the lines going into the
stock oil/coolant cooler?  Do I just attach them to
themselves?

-josh

=====
Josh Wyte