OT: German vs. Japanese car comparison

I've always thought the same thing of Lexus and Infiniti until
recently.  They are both coming out with cars that aren't just
re-badged, gussied up Toyotas/Nissans.  The new Infiniti G35, which
shares drivetrains and chassis the upcoming 350Z, is a rear wheel drive
sedan that outhandles, outbreaks and is quicker than a comparably
equipped BMW 330i, which costs $7k more.  Of course the BMW has better
interior quality, but that's another story.

Not many like the Lexus IS300, but I like it quite a bit but could do
without the "Altezza" lights.  Although the IS300 is basically a Toyota
Altezza in Japan (not sold in the US), I still feel they are worth the
$30k.  And what about the Lexus GS400?  I can't think of a V8 rear-wheel
drive Toyota sedan available in the US market...

On the other hand, the Lexus ES300 (or whatever they call it these days)
still screams rebadged Camry.  Ugly.

Mike

> Man, Tyler, something else we agree on!!  I use to work at a Toyota dealership and from > then on out I have liked Toyotas more than any other
> asian car.  Look at the Lexus!!  One of the top, if not the top, Luxury cars from Japan!  Still think it's funny that people pay so much for a renamed
Toyota though!!  Just buy an Avalon, cheaper and VERY nice cars!  And
the Landcruiser!!!  One of my favorites!!  Old and New!  Anyway, I still
love VWs though and will probably for a long time.