[Re: Waterfest - My Opinion...Does It Really Count?]

"Jason F. Snow" <jason_f_snow@nac.net> wrote:

> Well it was a lame Waterfest for me, mainly because my Scirocco wasn't
> done. I got there too late to register the Jetta to be teched. I didn't=

> see some of the Scirocco.org members that I wanted to <snip>

And yea, I think a lot of us were also hot, tired, and crabby. =

<snip> =

Yep, I have seen the video of myself, pretty ugly...(you forgot hungry)

Or, ohmygod, am I getting OLD?

Well, Jim, it can happen...

Jason, there was a  pretty good "cluster" of Scirocco folks at hotel #2
Saturday. I found I knew tons of people actually, folks from Ontario show=
s,
from the track up here (which really surprised me) and listers. But it wo=
uld
be harder (actually near impossible) to hook up with folks you haven't ev=
er
met face to face. Glad you made it though, and sorry about your car, that=
 was
even worse than my trip. The "great flood" was amazing though, I've never=
 seen
rain like that.

We really should print business cards promoting the list, I met lots of
Scirocco lovers who didn't know about it at all. They tend to migrate tow=
ards
these cars for some odd reason.

But Cincy is different. I enjoyed the "fest" because I could talk about t=
he
"other" car's issues too, it's sort of a big carnival full of amusements,=

something for everyone. But Cincy is truly like a big family reunion. I d=
think it's the cars that determine the nature of the list, if you are
impatient, or don't like solving puzzles, this is the wrong car for you. =
But
it's the people that make Cincy what it is. And the list has a very warm,=

helpful tone, not all high strung and competitive (well, maybe once in a
while). We loved Julie's 52 hp car with it's multi colours as much as her=
 new
really fast one, we just want to see them all kept alive. (Of course ther=
e ARE
some to drool over and lust after, wink wink...)
Waterfest will never be like Cincy, and that's fine. As long as Cincy doe=
sn't
ever get like Waterfest it's all good, and I can't see that happening. Da=
un
will boot us out, and nobody else has a big enough lawn!

Cathy