Brake ?~@#$%!!

My suspsension has been pretty poor since I bought the car. The reason I
mentioned that is when I hit bumps I have to worry about the windshield
poping out .... this kind of abuse could easily knock something loose etc.

Does a MC go bad over night? This is really the last thing I need going
wrong... what's the lifespan of a MC typically? This one is probably the
original and has +140k miles on it hrmmmmm...!!.!.

Thanks for the input so far, I'll check on those various items.