[tech] tired of timing

SailingFC@aol.com wrote:

> The triangular mark is not TDC.  On an 8V it represents 3* ATDC.  Not sure
> what it is on a 16V, but it's not TDC.  The TDC mark is the "0" casted into
> the flywheel to the left of the triangle cut.
>
> -Dick-

My RD 8v motor has the notch on the crank & dot on intermediate & line
on lifters all in the right setup (after I replaced the timing belt) -
and it sat for a real long time.

I noticed the flywheel (either from the JH or the FN) has Two diamond
shaped marks, identical in casting. One is TDC,  the other is a few
degrees off, what I'm not yet sure, but I painted the surrounding area
black and silver for the two marks prior to reassembly.

Cranked the motor over tonight but couldn't get it to catch. Will need
another person to check spark, fuel, etc.

1-3-4--2 clockwise. At least on MY motor.

TBerk
(I suppose I'm just whining.)