Clutch cable Q's

Can I reuse the self-adjusting clutch cable or would it be better to buy a
new one?  I really hate the manual cable and have thoughts many times
ripping it out and burning it.  Even though it's "locked down", the
friction point always keeps creeping back up higher on the pedal.  Perfect
example:  I just got it right last week.  friction starts to happen about
halfway.  Decide tonight I fell like dusting off some honda motor products.
 and ford.  As I'm running these fools(still dusting them by the way).  The
friction point is just about when I put my foot on the pedal.

Any other thoughts?

Scott Rose
88 red 16v
90 yellow g60(not too much left now)
Import R  "solid shift" linkages for VW A1 chassis