Towing of the dead 'Roc?

Jorel Jackson wrote:

> When my 16V died it was 58 miles away from home. Now
> it sits at work and I need to get it home again for
> revivification. The towing company which brought it
> there said they'd do it for $245, a little more than
> I'd like to throw away. So I'm thinking about one of
> those trailers I see on the back of one of those
> massive RVs towing a car, the ones that get the front
> wheels off the ground. Is this a good idea? If I'm
> more patient, I could borrow a car trailer from the
> brother of a friend of mine, but I don't like the car
> sitting there wide open to any scavengers in the area.
> TIA for any useful advice.
>
> =====
> Jorel Jackson

Get a friend with a medium to big truck and go by a U-Haul and you can
rent a tow dollie. Or rent both Dollie & Truck together.

You push/pull the front wheels up onto it and they ride off the ground,
you need to have working back wheels on the towed car.

Arraignments can be made for a one way tow, so ask if it makes sense for
your situation.

Cheaper with gas and lunch than $250.

TBerk