need help asap: timing on a digi

psycho 16v wrote:

> we're finishing a rebuild on an 8v digi 1.8l, and i need help with the crank
> to cam timing. what are the correct marks to set these too? sorry, my
> replacement bentlet's on order. tia
>   hit
>
> So SayethThe Hitman
> <http://www.techography.net/brettsgarage>

My Bentley doesn't cover Digi, but my Haynes does:

- On 85 and later models w/ Digifant: Unplug the Coolant Temp Sensor &
Disconnect and PLUG the Evaporative system Crankcase Hose. See
Illustration (sending digital pix directly via email).

- Rout timing cables away from Belts and rotating stuff and start motor.

- Since you have a 85 > W/ Digi briefly raise the RPM to over 3k three
or four times before checking timing.

- Allow Idle speed to stabilize, then point the flashing timing light at
the marks on the flywheel: The mark should be stationary with respect to
the mark on the bell housing.

- If not stationary you will need to loosen the Dist and rotate very
slowly to get them lined up. Tighten and recheck.

Pls note: These instructions leave out specifics for Carb and CIS cars.

hth,
TBerk