Header Question

Hi list, I have a quick question about headers.  I have this custom made
header that I'm planning to put on my scirocco.  My car is an 84 8 valve.
My question is what kind of connections should be on the  header?  What I
mean is this, I know there are the four main tubes that bolt into the engine
block and that it also needs an oxy sensor bolt on it.  But my header also
has a very skinny tube that comes up between the 4 main tubes and it has a
little screw in connector on its end, much like where you would put an oxy
sensor on but its too small for an oxy sensor, I figured that this was for
some custom purpose and cut the connector off and had the tube welded shut.
Now I'm looking in my Bentley and see that they have a CO tap tube going to
the manifold.  Could this be what that connector was for?  If so I did save
the connector and can just cut the weld off and have it welded back on.
Also, if the CO tap goes here what does it do?  Is it neccessary for running
the engine or is it for adjusting the fuel mixture, or what?  Lmk, thanks!