> Subject: speed's new poll

> To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: speed's new poll
>
> Ok, we've seen a lot on quarter mile times. Now what your fastest in
> what
> roc.
>
> For me 115 in 87 16V I know that will be beaten.

couldn't resist a quick post to show I'm not dead yet.

my original '79, I think I did about  112MPH with a high compression 1.8
(not sure which engine code)
my first '80 S I think I may have had it up to about 85MPH (due to living
on an island, not many straight roads!)
my '77 I had up to about 35MPH when the axil almost caught fire. bought it
for parts and attempted to drive it home!
my next '80 S I think also made about 85MPH. (never ran all that well)
my '86 16V I remember hitting 124MPH. hmmm, doesn't seem like much anymore
my Scirocco III (my Corrado) has done 147MPH. couldn't go further, I was
hitting the rev limiter.

-da