OT Buying a used Passat, tips

I know of a nice red 92 g60 syncro passat for sale :) A BC car at that!

lisa

From: Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: OT Buying a used Passat, tips
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:08:39 -0400

Not for me, don't worry.
My brother says a 90-93 Passat is at the back of the lot, 16V auto, he
doesn't
know much more about it at this point, but it was driven in, so it runs.
What
are the known problems with these cars? Is the automatic a reliable tranny?
and so on. Any tips  from those many owners of these cars would be
appreciated. I'm sure he'll give it a thorough once over if it's available
(he's a mechanic at this dealership, and has had a few VWs), but are there
any
peculiarities to these in particular? Thanks. I know I can count on you for
advice to pass on. I think he's getting sick of the Escort.
Cathy

Lisa
Vancouver, BC
87 2.0L 16V Scirocco