From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Peter
Sent: July 15, 2002 9:12 PM
To: 'Scott F. Williams'; 'Scirocco List'
Subject: RE: S16v axles into Mk1: must change spindles? really?

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Scott F. Williams
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 9:04 PM
To: Scirocco List

Hey, is what I'm hearing true that in order to use S16v axles in an
early car you have to change the spindles as well as the drive flanges?
Obviously the flanges have to swapped to fit the 100mm inner CVs. But,
is it also correct that the bigger outer CVs will foul the early
spindles? This is the first that I'm hearing of this.

Somebody please verify. Thanks.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Indeed, the 100mm outer CV will not fit the pre-'85 A1 hub-carriers.

You can either swap in the '85 and newer hub-carriers, or machine the
old hub-carriers, so that they clear the 100mm CV.

Peter