[ot] to buy a yugo?

sik@efuct.com writes:

<< not much personal experience with the yugo, but i know of a couple that
have absolutely ruled in the auto-x. might take some patience, but they can
be quickened up a bit...when a yugo pulls 1g you forget its a yugo  :)>>
   That's a very freightening thought, but if it's doable, why not?

Larry writes:
<<The only thing that might be off-putting for me would be finding parts....>>
     That's the main problem I would have as well. Sure it's "just a Yugo/ Le
Car/ 360...", but that would also be the reason I'd want any of those cars,
the oddity factor. My main concern though would be finding anything for one.
There used to be a time when people were tossing these cars left and right,
but good luck finding any in the yards today.
      Another problem I had with the Yugo was after a friend went for a ride
in one. After getting out of the passenger side he look sat me and says "I
will NEVER say another bad thing about your Bug, dude!". Yugo driver looked
hurt. Friend told me it was just too tinny-feeling on the road. I guess it
also took me a while to get over them comparing the Yugo to the old Beetle.
Not only no, but hell no.

Carl
77rocco
89fox